Max Cropp was founded in 1919 in Hamburg by Mr. Max Cropp. Since then we have been dealing with exotic and domestic hardwoods.
When Max Cropp moved to Harburg in the south of Hamburg at the beginning of the 1980s the company developed from being an agent to becoming one of the leading suppliers of exotic and domestic hardwoods in Europe.
With around 130 different species in stock we are partners for furniture and musical instrument production, local and international trade, boatbuilders and artists to name a few.
For more than 30 years we have been offering a huge assortment also for our private customers in our retail shop.
Wood lovers will enjoy finding the perfect wood for any kind of creative project.
Please do not hesitate to ask our team if you have any questions.
Dear customer, please note:
- you can reach us via phone or E-Mail during our opening hours
- whole sale, stock, delivery & pickup is possible during regular opening hours!
- the shop is currently closed, if you like, have a look in our onlineshop!
- Security note: please observe the safety distance from 2 meters for everybodys safety. Thank you!
(current state from 27.03.2020)
We are now on Instagram! If you want, have a look! @cropp_timber
Our Shop in Hamburg is now open once a month on Saturdays
from 9 PM - 12 PM!
- 04th April 2020
- 09th May 2020
- 06th June 2020 Open House! Since we have the open house, we won't be open on the 2nd saturday in june. The next regular open saturday is 11th of july.
for peeling, slicing and sawing, for veneers
and various sawmill products
for carpentry, stairs, parquet, garden furniture, design and interior and ship building
for instrument building, percussion, stringed instruments, pianos, E-Guitars, Acoustic Guitars
for wood turners, designers, handcrafts, wood jewelry, knife and bow makers, for hobbyist and professionals